Amish shooting: how you can help
When senseless acts of violence occur—like the Oct. 2 shooting at an Amish school that killed five young girls, and left five others in critical condition—we are led to pray. As the truth continues to be revealed, be sure to pray for the following:
- The families of the dead as they mourn
- The families of the wounded as they care for their loved ones during this critical time
- The greater Amish community as it seeks to forgive
- The family of Charles Carl Roberts IV, as they both mourn and seek to understand his crime
- That through this tragedy, bonds would be strengthened between the Amish community and their neighbors of other denominations and faiths
If you would also like to support the victims and their families in a tangible way, MCC and MDS are accepting financial contributions to assist with medical care, transportation, supportive care, and other needs. With little or no medical insurance or modern transportation, the families of victims who are currently receiving medical care will depend on the care and generosity of the Christian community around them to make ends meet.
To learn more about how you can help, visit MCC’s website.