Criteria for Service
Beyond the appropriate medical and educational credentials required, the Board for World Missions has delineated the following criteria for missionaries serving in the supportive roles of compassion, education, relief, or development whether under the supervision of the national church or the mission.
- Witness to a personal relationship with Christ.
- Testify to a supreme loyalty to Jesus Christ.
- Evidence maturity in Christian faith.
- Have a working knowledge of the Scriptures and the doctrine of salvation.
- Agree to the purposes, teaching, and polity of the Brethren in Christ.
- Model servanthood as a lifestyle.
- Comportment as guests of the country of service.
- Maintain an active and verbal witness of the Christian faith.
- Participate in the evangelistic and nurturing ministries of the national church.