Principles of Ministry
Members of the BICWM team will be committed to:
- The Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of Scripture.
- Active participation in a local congregation in the place of service.
- Adaptability to different cultural and social environments.
- Sensitivity to local believers regarding dress codes and standards of living.
- Emotional, social, and spiritual growth.
- A life-style based on biblical teaching.
- Understanding sexuality as God's gift to humankind, and Christian marriage and Christian celibacy as gifts for the good of the individual, the church, and the world; refraining from homosexual, premarital, extramarital and any other destructive attachment and/or sexual behavior.
- Refraining from the use of tobacco, alcoholic beverages, non-medicinal drugs and other destructive behaviors.
- Exercising sensitivity to local believers regarding the use of wine in communion services and/or on limited special occasions.